10 heart questions you should ask your doctor
Make the most of your next doctor’s visit with this checklist of must-ask heart-health questions
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in Tennessee. Discuss your risk with your physician.
- Based on my family and personal history, am I at risk for a heart attack?
- What can I do to prevent a heart attack?
- What are the warning signs of heart disease and stroke?
- What is my blood pressure, and is it at a healthy level?
- What do my cholesterol numbers mean?
- What is a healthy eating plan for me?
- What level of exercise is safe for me and will also have cardiovascular benefits?
- What can I do to decrease stress?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Can I get help in controlling risk factors that can be modified, such as diabetes, smoking, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and obesity?