10 heart questions you should ask your doctor
Make the most of your next doctor’s visit with this checklist of must-ask heart-health questions.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in Tennessee. Discuss your risk with your physician.
- Based on my family and personal history, am I at risk for a heart attack?
- What can I do to prevent a heart attack?
- What are the warning signs of heart disease and stroke?
- What is my blood pressure, and is it at a healthy level?
- What do my cholesterol numbers mean?
- What is a healthy eating plan for me?
- What level of exercise is safe for me and will also have cardiovascular benefits?
- What can I do to decrease stress?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Can I get help in controlling risk factors that can be modified, such as diabetes, smoking, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and obesity?
The Vanderbilt Heart and Vascular Institute‘s team treats all types of cardiovascular diseases and conditions, from the common to the complex. Our team is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report among the best heart hospitals in the nation and the best in Tennessee. Our wide range of services are offered in convenient locations throughout the region.