6 healthy afternoon snacks that give you energy
Try these energy-packed bites for your snack attacks.
Snacking has gotten a bad reputation, but it’s actually good for you. Snacking keeps your metabolism revved up and is a great way to boost your energy, as long as you choose wisely and watch portion sizes. Aim for items that are packed with nutrients that will keep you powering through until your next meal.
Here are a few tasty and satisfying snack ideas that are easy to pack in a lunch box or keep in a desk drawer or gym bag for a quick snack attack:
- Yogurt with fruit and granola: Experiment with different fruits that are in season.
- Raisins and almonds: Mix these with some pretzels and you have a great homemade trail mix.
- Crackers and cheese: Choose low-fat cheese and whole-grain crackers.
- Apples with a bit of peanut butter: A yummy, crunchy and sweet combination.
- Hummus and pita bread: Do some dipping for a protein boost that tastes so good.
- Chocolate pudding: Tame the 3 o’clock chocolate bar craving.