Celebrate fall with this vegetable risotto recipe
Risotto is made easy — with virtually no cleanup — thanks to this one-bag method.
Fall’s best veggies become even more delicious in this vegetable risotto recipe.
1 tablespoon flour
3 cups shredded fresh spinach
1 cup diced red pepper
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup sliced green onions
2 cups Arborio rice
2 cloves garlic
1 15-ounce can low‐salt vegetable broth (undiluted)
3/4 cup Chablis or white cooking wine
1 handful chopped basil
14-ounce can cannellini beans, drained
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Add flour to large oven cooking bag; twist end to close, then shake to coat inside surfaces.
- Add spinach and next five ingredients; squeeze bag to mix slightly.
- Add vegetable broth, wine, basil and beans; mix slightly and secure with cooking bag tie.
- Place bag on a baking pan, try to distribute all items in a single layer.
- Cut two small slits in the top of the bag.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Stir in cheese, salt and fresh pepper.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Serving size: 1/4 recipe. Calories: 336. Total fat: 8.7 grams. Saturated fat: 4.8 grams. Sodium: 962 milligrams. Total carbohydrate: 38 grams. Dietary fiber: 7.2 grams. Protein: 20 grams.
Want to learn about buying produce in season? Check out this easy guide!