Recipe: No-bake pumpkin pie with vanilla pudding
No baking, no fuss with this pumpkin spice treat.
It’s one of the dominant flavors of the season. Pumpkin spice is everywhere. If you’d like a pie with the taste, with fewer calories and without the fuss (who wouldn’t?), give this no-bake pie a try. Made with vanilla pudding and Cool Whip, it’s the healthier alternative to a traditional pumpkin pie.
- 1 ready-to-use graham cracker crust
- 2 small boxes of Jell-O sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 can cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tub (8-ounces) Cool Whip, thawed
- ¼ cup chopped pecans for garnish
- Combine dry pudding mix, milk, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice in a mixing bowl. Beat together with a wire whisk, or hand-held blender, until thick and creamy. Spread 1½ cups into the pie crust (this is the 1st layer).
- To the remaining pudding mix, add 1½ cups Cool Whip and stir until combined. Spread over the pudding layer in crust (for the 2nd layer).
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip on top (for the 3rd layer) and cover with the enclosed lid.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. It's best to make ahead and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, sprinkle the top with chopped pecans if desired.
This recipe was provided by Emily Murray, a 2017 Vanderbilt Dietetic Intern and Tennessee Tech University graduate.
RECIPE: PUMPKIN SPICE NO-BAKE PIEEnjoy the flavors of the season with this healthier alternative to a traditional pumpkin pie. http://www.mysouthernhealth.com/no-bake-pumpkin-pie/
Posted by My Southern Health on Wednesday, December 13, 2017