Recipe: No Bake Pumpkin Cranberry Energy Bites
Enjoy the flavors of the season with these healthier energy bite treats.
Instead of reaching for that piece of chocolate for an afternoon energy boost, try having a Pumpkin Cranberry Energy Bite on hand to enjoy the flavors of the season. These no-bake treats are fast and easy to make, and pack pumpkin and cranberry flavor for a perfect fall and winter snack.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup almond butter
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Wet your hands with water, take a handful of the mixture and roll it into 1 inch balls. Set on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes (or the freezer for 10 minutes), then transfer the energy balls to an air-tight container.
- Store in the fridge.
This recipe was provided by Haleigh Hemond, a Vanderbilt University Medical Center 2017-18 Dietetic Intern. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Dietetics from Florida State University’s Honors College Program.