Recipe: Pumpkin and sage polenta
Celebrate pumpkin season with this easy side dish.
Pumpkin season is upon us! Pair this delicious fall side with pork tenderloins for dinner tonight.
2 1/2 cups 1-percent low-fat milk
2 cups water
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 1/4 cups instant dry polenta
3/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
1/4 cup shaved fresh Parmesan (for topping)
- Bring milk and water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add pumpkin and salt; stir with a whisk.
- Reduce heat to low, and gradually whisk in polenta; cook 1 minute or until thick.
- Remove from heat.
- Add grated Parmesan, cream cheese and sage; stir until cheeses melt.
- Top with shaved Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories: 197. Calories from fat: 21 percent. Fat: 4.7 grams. Saturated fat: 3 grams. Monounsaturated fat: 1.4 grams. Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1 grams. Protein: 10.1 grams. Carbohydrate: 28.7 grams. Fiber: 3.2 grams. Cholesterol: 14 milligrams. Iron: 1 milligram. Sodium: 614 milligrams. Calcium: 253 milligrams.
Source: Cooking Light
Want more inspiration for hearty fall side dishes? Try this vegetable risotto.