Recipe: Strawberry trifle with angel food cake
Make the most of your berries with this delicious combination — strawberry trifle and angel food cake.
This super-fast and easy dessert is my go-to for parties and family events when I want to keep it healthy but still have a delicious and decadent sweet. It is delicious with any seasonal berries, like strawberries or raspberries or with sliced local peaches. You can make it as a full recipe or just as easily adjust for individual servings sizes, as shown in the photo.
SUPER-FAST AND EASY DESSERTThis strawberry trifle and angel food cake recipe is a healthy way to enjoy a delicious and decadent sweet. Get the full recipe here: http://www.mysouthernhealth.com/recipe-strawberry-angel-food-trifle/
Posted by My Southern Health on Friday, July 21, 2017
- 1 angel food cake (you can make your own but store-bought is just as good)
- 2 (3-ounce) boxes of sugar-free vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 ½ cups fat-free milk
- 1 quart of fresh strawberries
- 1 regular-size tub of nondairy whipped topping
- Mix the instant pudding with the milk and let it sit while preparing the strawberries and angel food cake.
- Wash and slice the strawberries.
- Layer: ½ angel food cake torn into bite-sized pieces; ½ sliced strawberries; ½ the pudding.
- Repeat layering the angel food cake, strawberries and pudding.
- Top with whipped topping and garnish with 1 large strawberry.
Stacey Kendrick, MS, is a health educator with more than 20 years of experience in wellness and population health. She spent much of her career at Vanderbilt’s Faculty/Staff Wellness Program and currently works in Strategic Marketing at Vanderbilt. She is mother to two adult daughters. In her free time, she teaches healthy cooking classes, runs, gardens and enjoys backyard bonfires.