Recipe: Strawberry trifle with angel food cake
Make the most of your berries with this delicious combination — strawberry trifle and angel food cake.
This super-fast and easy dessert is my go-to for parties and family events when I want to keep it healthy but still have a delicious and decadent sweet. It is delicious with any seasonal berries, like strawberries or raspberries or with sliced local peaches. You can make it as a full recipe or just as easily adjust for individual servings sizes, as shown in the photo.
SUPER-FAST AND EASY DESSERTThis strawberry trifle and angel food cake recipe is a healthy way to enjoy a delicious and decadent sweet. Get the full recipe here: http://www.mysouthernhealth.com/recipe-strawberry-angel-food-trifle/
Posted by My Southern Health on Friday, July 21, 2017
- 1 angel food cake (you can make your own but store-bought is just as good)
- 2 (3-ounce) boxes of sugar-free vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 ½ cups fat-free milk
- 1 quart of fresh strawberries
- 1 regular-size tub of nondairy whipped topping
- Mix the instant pudding with the milk and let it sit while preparing the strawberries and angel food cake.
- Wash and slice the strawberries.
- Layer: ½ angel food cake torn into bite-sized pieces; ½ sliced strawberries; ½ the pudding.
- Repeat layering the angel food cake, strawberries and pudding.
- Top with whipped topping and garnish with 1 large strawberry.