Recipe: Turkey and Wild Rice Soup
This tasty turkey and rice soup recipe is great for cool autumn nights.
Stacey Kendrick, MS, health educator at Vanderbilt, shares this protein-packed soup that is perfect for warming you up on a chilly day.
PROTEIN-PACKED SOUP RECIPEThis Turkey and Wild Rice Soup is perfect for warming up on these chilly days. Get the full recipe at http://www.mysouthernhealth.com/recipe-turkey-wild-rice-soup/
Posted by My Southern Health on Thursday, September 14, 2017
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can low-fat evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cup cooked wild rice *
- 1 cup diced turkey
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter and cook vegetables 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually add broth and milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and turkey.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with almonds before serving.
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends! Want more? Find tasty recipes like this one here.