Recipe: Yummy Frozen Chocolate-Covered Bananas
Ditch those sugary ice cream cones. This frozen chocolate-covered banana recipe is a healthier option.
Frozen Chocolate-Covered Bananas
4 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into thirds crosswise
3/4 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, melted
1/4 cup shredded coconut (or chopped nuts)
12 frozen pop sticks
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Insert a stick into each piece of banana.
- Melt chocolate by microwaving for 1 minute on medium. Stir and continue microwaving and stirring every 20 seconds until melted (or use double boiler).
- Cover banana pieces with melted chocolate using a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle with coconut or nuts.
- Place baking sheet with bananas in freezer until frozen, about 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories: 105. Total carbohydrates: 18 grams. Protein: 1 gram. Total fat: 4 grams.
Want to see lots of healthy recipes? Head over to My Southern Health’s recipe section to find more options!