Recipe: Healthier Zucchini Fritters
Looking for uses for those zucchini from the garden?
We have you covered with this healthier zucchini fritter recipe. Try this easy and tasty appetizer for even the self-proclaimed veggie haters.
EASY AND TASTY APPETIZER RECIPE This time of year, fresh zucchini are plentiful, especially for those with backyard veggie gardens. Try this lightened-up recipe for zucchini fritters, for a healthier way to enjoy a summertime staple: http://spr.ly/61838QrFZ
Posted by My Southern Health on Friday, August 4, 2017
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ teaspoons taco seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into ¼-inch slices
- ¼ cup fat-free sour cream
- ¼ cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- ¼ cup salsa
- In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and egg substitute. In another shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, taco seasoning and garlic salt. Dip zucchini in buttermilk mixture, then in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, ranch dressing and salsa. Serve with zucchini.