Made mainly with pantry staples, this easy one-pot pasta with broccoli and garlic dish will be a new weeknight go-to.
This bowtie pasta with broccoli and garlic recipe is so easy, and since the pasta and broccoli cook at the same time and in the same pot, dinner is ready in about 20 minutes or so, with very few dishes to clean. I also love that this recipe only has a few ingredients—most of which are things you probably have on hand already. If you don’t have bowties, you can use ziti, penne or shells.
Bowtie pasta with broccoli and garlic
- 1 pound of pasta
- 4 cups of broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 8 fresh garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup slivered, toasted almonds (or pine nuts)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the pasta. Stir. Bring to a second boil.
- When the pasta is about 3 minutes away from being finished cooking according to the package directions, add the broccoli to the boiling water. Drain everything, reserving about 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Gently toss the drained pasta, broccoli, reserved water, cheese, basil, garlic, olive oil, nuts and red pepper flakes either in the original pot or in a large serving bowl.
Calories: 441 | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 131 mg | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 11g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g