Looking to jazz up your fruit salad? This herb can help.
Using fresh mint takes this fruit salad from good to great — without adding sugar! Try this herb to brighten up this healthy, fruity side dish.
- 1 pineapple, chopped
- 2 kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups of grapes, halved
- 1 pint of strawberries, sliced
- 10 leaves of fresh mint
- Add all fruit into a large bowl.
- Julienne the mint: Stack 5 mint leaves on top of each other. Roll mint into a long, thin wrap. From one end, start slicing mint into thin strips. Repeat if more mint is desired.
- Add mint to fruit. Combine.
Emily Berg is a dietetic intern at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. She has a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition-Dietetics and minor in Communication from Auburn University. After becoming a Registered Dietitian, Emily plans to someday open her own private practice to combine her interests in business, counseling, and nutrition.