Lighten up this family favorite and enjoy a lighter potato salad side dish.
This healthy spin on traditional potato salad contains less mayonnaise and fewer calories, but more flavor to savor. Serve as a scrumptious complement to your grilled favorites.
Baby Red Potato Salad
Recipe Type: Side Dish
Serves: 6 servings
- 4 cups baby red potatoes
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat or light mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Boil potatoes in water until tender, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are boiling, combine the red onion, green pepper, mustard, olive oil, vinegar and mayonnaise to create a dressing. Mix well.
- Drain potatoes and allow to cool. Cut into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Stir in the dressing. Add in green onion, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serving size: ¾ cup Calories: 106 Fat: 3 grams Saturated fat: 0 grams Trans fat: 0 grams Carbohydrates: 17 grams Sugar: 2 grams Sodium: 80 milligrams Fiber: 2 grams Protein: 2 grams Cholesterol: 1 milligram
To add an extra splash of color, use orange or red bell pepper instead of green bell pepper.[br]Light Miracle Whip can be substituted for reduced-fat or light mayonnaise.[br]Pack in some protein by adding hard-cooked diced eggs.