Make multiple servings of these tortilla cream cheese pinwheels and build a Christmas tree for a festive holiday appetizer.
This appetizer not only tastes good, but looks festive, too. A perfect contribution to a holiday potluck or party, these colorful pinwheels are tasty and easy to make. They can be arranged any way you’d like on a platter — including served in the shape of a Christmas tree.
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Philadelphia Whipped Cream Cheese (1 tub)
- 1 whole-wheat tortilla
- 3 slices roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped spinach
- Mix the garlic pepper, dill weed and dried parsley into the whipped cream cheese.
- Spread 2 tablespoons herbed cream cheese onto the tortilla in the shape of a circle, but still leave some room on the outer edges of the tortilla.
- Place the roasted red peppers in a straight line on the tortilla.
- Add the spinach on top of the red peppers.
- Tightly roll up the tortilla, and slice into 1/2-inch pinwheels.
This recipe was provided by Emilie Winder, a 2017 Honors College graduate of the University of Georgia and a 2017 Dietetic Intern at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
CREAM CHEESE SPINACH AND RED PEPPER PINWHEELSMake multiple servings of these tortilla cream cheese pinwheels and build a Christmas tree for a festive holiday appetizer. Get the recipe at http://spr.ly/6189DGLF3
Posted by My Southern Health on Friday, December 15, 2017