It’s National Beef Month! Try these fresh recipes paired with fruit or salad for a yummy summer dinner.
Tired of the same old beef recipes? These simple recipes come together quickly and are sure to be a hit for the whole family.
Roast Beef & Veggie Wraps
- 12 ounces cooked beef roast or deli roast beef, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded broccoli slaw
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat or fat-free ranch dressing, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat or fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 4 flour medium tortillas (8 to 10-inch diameter)
- Place the broccoli slaw and 1/4 cup ranch dressing in a medium bowl. Toss with 2 forks to coat evenly.
- Place the cream cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons ranch dressing in a small bowl. Stir with a rubber spatula to mix well.
- Place 1 tortilla on a cutting board or other flat surface. Spread about 2-1/2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture on the tortilla using a rubber spatula.
- Place 1/4 of roast beef slices in an even layer on top of the cream cheese.
- Place approximately 1/3 cup of the broccoli mixture on top of the roast beef. Spread the broccoli mixture in an even layer, using the rubber spatula or back of a spoon.
- Starting at the bottom edge, roll tortilla up tightly to enclose filling.
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 to make a total of 4 wraps.
- Adult help needed: Using a knife, cut wraps crosswise into 1-1/2-inch wide pieces or cut them diagonally in half.
Nutrition information per serving, using deli roast beef: 419 calories; 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 41 mg cholesterol; 1360 mg sodium; 54 g carbohydrate; 6.2 g fiber; 27 g protein; 4 mg niacin; 0.2 mcg vitamin B12; 5 mg iron; 16.3 mcg selenium; 0.5 mg zinc; 8 mg choline.
Grilled Steak and Fresh Mozzarella Flatbread
- 1 to 1-1/4 pounds beef top sirloin filets, cut 1-inch thick, tied
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 naan breads (Indian flatbread) or pita breads
- Press lemon pepper evenly onto steaks. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 12 to 17 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine spinach, cheese and basil in large bowl. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar; toss to coat and set aside.
- Remove steak from grill and let stand 5 minutes. Place naan on grill; grill, covered, 1 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
- Carve steaks into slices. Top naan evenly with spinach mixture and steak slices.
Nutrition information per serving: 437 calories; 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat; 0 g monounsaturated fat); 92 mg cholesterol; 467 mg sodium; 37 g carbohydrate; 4.6 g fiber; 38 g protein; 7.7 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.2 mcg vitamin B12; 3.9 mg iron; 33.1 mcg selenium; 4.9 mg zinc; 99.9 mg choline.
Want to reduce the saturated fat in this recipe? Be sure to use part-skim rather than full-fat mozzarella cheese. Also, add more spinach and less meat to your flatbread for a lightened-up version of this dish.
Recipes provided by Beef.org.