No baking, no fuss with this pumpkin spice treat.
It’s one of the dominant flavors of the season. Pumpkin spice is everywhere. If you’d like a pie with the taste, with fewer calories and without the fuss (who wouldn’t?), give this no-bake pie a try. Made with vanilla pudding and Cool Whip, it’s the healthier alternative to a traditional pumpkin pie.
- 1 ready-to-use graham cracker crust
- 2 small boxes of Jell-O sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 can cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tub (8-ounces) Cool Whip, thawed
- ¼ cup chopped pecans for garnish
- Combine dry pudding mix, milk, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice in a mixing bowl. Beat together with a wire whisk, or hand-held blender, until thick and creamy. Spread 1 1/2 cups into the pie crust (this is the 1st layer).
- To the remaining pudding mix, add 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip and stir until combined. Spread over the pudding layer in crust (for the 2nd layer).
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip on top (for the 3rd layer) and cover with the enclosed lid.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. It’s best to make ahead and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, sprinkle the top with chopped pecans if desired.
This recipe was provided by Emily Murray, a 2017 Vanderbilt Dietetic Intern and Tennessee Tech University graduate.
RECIPE: PUMPKIN SPICE NO-BAKE PIEEnjoy the flavors of the season with this healthier alternative to a traditional pumpkin pie. https://www.mysouthernhealth.com/no-bake-pumpkin-pie/
Posted by My Southern Health on Wednesday, December 13, 2017