Enjoy the flavors of the season with these healthier energy bite treats.
Instead of reaching for that piece of chocolate for an afternoon energy boost, try having a Pumpkin Cranberry Energy Bite on hand to enjoy the flavors of the season. These no-bake treats are fast and easy to make, and pack pumpkin and cranberry flavor for a perfect fall and winter snack.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup almond butter
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Wet your hands with water, take a handful of the mixture and roll it into 1 inch balls. Set on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes (or the freezer for 10 minutes), then transfer the energy balls to an air-tight container.
- Store in the fridge.
This recipe was provided by Haleigh Hemond, a Vanderbilt University Medical Center 2017-18 Dietetic Intern. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Dietetics from Florida State University’s Honors College Program.