Reach for a healthier game-day appetizer. A simple swap in these buffalo bites boosts vegetable intake and saves calories.
This tailgating season, don’t let vegetables be the benchwarmers. This healthy alternative to classic buffalo chicken wings is delicious and easy to prepare, and will have your family and friends coming back for more.
Recipe: Oven-Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine milk, flour, garlic powder, pepper and olive oil in a large bowl to create the batter. Pour batter over cauliflower and toss until coated.
- Add cauliflower to a larger strainer to remove excess batter.
- Place cauliflower back into a large bowl and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Toss gently to coat evenly.
- Place cauliflower on a foil-lined pan and bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven, add to a large bowl, and gently toss with buffalo sauce.
- Bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cauliflower is crispy.
Serving size: 1 serving Calories: 150 Fat: 5 grams Saturated fat: 1 gram Trans fat: 0 grams Carbohydrates: 28 grams Sugar: 8 grams Sodium: 627 milligrams Fiber: 3 grams Protein: 5 grams Cholesterol: 1 gram
This recipe makes for a healthy snack or appetizer on game day.[br]Not a buffalo sauce fan? Try using barbecue sauce instead.[br]Insert toothpicks and serve with low-fat ranch or blue cheese dressing.