Try this recipe for a healthier snack to fuel your day.
These peanut butter energy bites are a perfect school-day snack for kids or morning/afternoon pick-me-up for adults.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup dry old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup chia seeds or flaxseeds
- In a large bowl, stir together honey, vanilla extract and peanut butter.
- Thoroughly mix in oats, chocolate chips and chia seeds or flaxseeds.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll into bite-sized balls (approximately 1-inch in diameter).
- Store balls in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Lindsay MacNab, MS, RD, is a registered dietitian, health nut and deep dish pizza addict from the wonderful windy city of Chicago. A 2015-2016 dietetic intern at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Lindsay was born and raised in the Chicago suburbs and received both her bachelor’s and master’s degree in Diet & Exercise from Iowa State University.