Looking for uses for those zucchini from the garden?
We have you covered with this healthier zucchini fritter recipe. Try this easy and tasty appetizer for even the self-proclaimed veggie haters.
EASY AND TASTY APPETIZER RECIPE This time of year, fresh zucchini are plentiful, especially for those with backyard veggie gardens. Try this lightened-up recipe for zucchini fritters, for a healthier way to enjoy a summertime staple: http://spr.ly/61838QrFZ
Posted by My Southern Health on Friday, August 4, 2017
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup salsa
- In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and egg substitute. In another shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, taco seasoning and garlic salt. Dip zucchini in buttermilk mixture, then in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, ranch dressing and salsa. Serve with zucchini.