Looking for uses for those zucchini from the garden?
We have you covered with this healthier zucchini fritter recipe. Try this easy and tasty appetizer for even the self-proclaimed veggie haters.
Recipe: Zucchini Fritters
Recipe Type: Appetizer
Serves: 10 servings
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup salsa
- In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and egg substitute. In another shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, taco seasoning and garlic salt. Dip zucchini in buttermilk mixture, then in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, ranch dressing and salsa. Serve with zucchini.
Serving size: 1/3 cup zucchini with about 1 tablespoon sauce Calories: 67 Fat: 1 gram Saturated fat: trace Carbohydrates: 11 grams Sodium: 296 milligrams Fiber: 1 gram Protein: 3 grams Cholesterol: 3 milligrams